- I think most of us read printed texts more seriously, in a more formal manner (many times because it is assigned). Digital texts, however, are read in a more casual manner; personally, I'm more likely to skim digital texts than I am to skim printed texts. This can be due to the distraction that is the internet.
- Being digitally literate, in my opinion, is more than simply participation; it is adding to the digital realm, expressing your own thoughts and responding to those of others in an original, constructive way. Acting simply as a participant is not quite as enlightened (“FIRST!” on youtube, for example)
- Everyday happenings on facebook do allow me to do these things. I “contribute” when I comment on the status or wall posts of another. I “distribute” when I make posts of my own. I “consume” when I use some of the website's other features, like quizzes and games.
- Digital literacy and textual literacy both require “...the ability to analyze, evaluate, and then produce some type of communication”, as he puts it.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
In-Class Writing, 9-14-11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment