Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Prompt

I am going into Psychology; as of now, I'd like to be a therapist.
Therapists are required to speak clearly and concisely to their clients and understand what they have to say. Developing my writing and language skills will help me in that area- I will be required to explain in plain language complex, abstract ideas like emotion.
Therapists, like the common stereotype suggests, take notes on their clients, and may make case files about them. Writing of this kind can be detail oriented, and one must be able to determine a lot from the notes they take. This is reason enough for me to want to improve a lot on my writing.

1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head here! You'll also be required to take notes that are unbiased and based on observation and theory. What kinds of assignments or learning do you think you will need to experience in order to get you to where you need to be?

    ReplyDelete